Hope you find what you're looking for in Life!



Welcome to my blog! Stick around and read to your heart's content!



Saturday, March 13, 2010

Time to Go.

Still sick. Kinda want to throw myself off a cliff.

So this week has been interesting. I may be moving out. Have I mentioned that I'm 25? Well, my roommate is a sheltered 21 year old. And as long as that didn't interfere in my life I was fine. Our family are friends. Once upon a time I babysat her. We have absolutely nothing in common.

Well, you know how I wrote about Dallas, and how I'm unsure how much I like him yada, yada...?? Well this past week he was supposed to come see me. That way I could test the waters how much I like him.

Well, my roommate knew about it. And for some reason unbeknown to me she doesn't really like him. I have my theories and a lot of them include words like 'jealousy' & 'lesbian'. Because I've been with other guys that she's met and she's never been as bizarre as all this.

About a week ago she calls me out in front of her friends and tells me he can't stay with us. I tell her of course he can I pay rent and it's really rude of her to not let him. SHe says he can stay with my best friend. They haven't even met. I'm not going to make him drive 3 hours to push him on someone. He can stay in a hotel. Again, no. That rude!

She says, "Well, I wasn't raised that way." So? Am I asking to let him sleep in your bed? No. My morality can not be dictated by her. And I've had other guys stay here. She says she didn't know, but later on in the week she said she had meant to talk to me about it but forgot. Thing is. It doesn't matter. I pay the same amount of rent as she does and she can not dictate who I have here. I am not bringing a drug dealer here. I am not shooting up or getting belligerently drunk. I am letting a guy I am seeing come visit me.

And for her to do this in front of her friends is wrong and immature.

The week progressed and I knew I needed to have a conversation with her without her friends around. But they were alwas here. They stayed the night. And I was deathly sick so if they left at 1 a.m. it certainly didn't help me out. Finally I texted her and said we needed to have a conversation. She comes home.

I tell her I have rights. I am paid up and I should be allowed to have anyone visit I want. She tells me no. I say my brothers and her brother have both stayed here. "They're family." "They aren't both our family."

"My parents have done so much for you. They gave you your bed. This is the ONLY thing I have ever asked of you."

False.

She's asked me to clean certain rooms in the house. She asked when I first moved in that I didn't have alcohol in the house, and if I did to keep it in my room. I was 24!! when I first moved in. But I did that. Since I have lived here there have been 2 bottles of wine and 3 barcardis here.

Her family frequently visits. Her mother was coming nearly every weekend last year to help her with math. Did I ever complain? No. Not once. did I want my place invaded all the time? No. But I understood.

Now here's the clencher. SHE BROUGHT OUT HER DEED to prove the place is hers. I didn't even look at it. I told her I know it's hers and I never said anything about it. What I did say is that if this was such a big deal it should have been stipulated beforehand.

Needless to say, Dallas did not come. And I am hunting down a place to move into. I hope to move out before the month ends and get some rent back. I plan to write her a long letter about exactly why I am leaving and how mistreated I feel.

I regret having been a good friend to her for her 21st. She didn't want a lot of drinking esp. from her under-aged friend Rachel. I took the heat from Rachel just so Alisha didn't have to. She can't give me the same courtesy.

I've been helping her out. Helping her pay the mortgage. I look forward to leaving. Looking at a condo tomorrow. I'm over it. She wouldn't even approach it correctly. And she now thinks we're friends. We are not friends. We're roommates. I tried to bring her in my world. I have introduced her to all my friends. Invited her to dinners, potlucks, game nights. I have been kind to all her friends. But she has not treated me in kind.

Her loss. Unless she finds a spinster she will realize any future roommate will not be this good to her. And will probably, in this day in age, not deal with someone controlling who is allowed to visit them.

3 comments:

  1. Being roommates is much like being married. Living with someone enlightens us to what we DON'T care to tolerate and, hopefully, the courage to do something about it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating! She's being a complete hypocrite.... And I'm sure she just wanted to look like the tough guy in front of her friends....

    I hope you get the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the understanding! It is pretty frustrating! :) I just look forward to moving into the next era of my life :)

    ReplyDelete