Hope you find what you're looking for in Life!



Welcome to my blog! Stick around and read to your heart's content!



Thursday, March 25, 2010

Breakin' Hearts...

Wow. I have no clue where to begin.

I broke up with Dallas. There are a lot of reasons. Not to say newly cliche', but I guess I "Just wasn't that into him." I feel in some ways he was so crazy about me that he would have told me anything I needed to hear. I sat at the park and broke it off on the phone. His tune about my son changed... before he spoke of not wanting to be a stepdad ever. When I broke it off with him he talked about how he hadnt met my son before so couldn't judge, and wouldn't it be my son's choice to look at a new husband of mine as a stepdad or not... not my or the man's choice.

But here's the real clincher. I've come to the conclusion I could very easily fall in love with Eric. I'd have to look back and see if I nicknamed Eric. lol* But he's the one that took me on an official date and is from Houston, is getting a divorce and has 3 kiddos. Anyway, I can't get him off my mind... and I am not that girl. Not the girl that keeps dwelling on someone this hardcore.

Love comes to mind when I think of him. And I am the girl who's afraid of love. I'm the girl who stops breathing, whose heart stops beating for a couple second, who feels like either running miles or throwing up when I think about L-O-V-E. And to feel it for a man who has walked out of my life, because his own life is too complicated.... it's painful.

Dallas is taking it hard. We are still facebook friends, and since Monday his statuses have involved alcohol. And he does not drink. This is what I do. I break hearts. But I suppose karma's fair, because my heart is covered in band aids and stitches.

I keep trying to fill my heart holes with other things, and as of yet they all fall flat and are so monetary.

Ladies & Gentlemen.... I need a vacation! :)

Good thing is I have a great book idea I am going to start, because the best writing comes when I am in a dark place in my life. lol*

4 comments:

  1. Ashley, I've been where you are and found the love of my life, when I wasn't even looking. Take time to breathe and heal. The best kind of love happens without trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Like I told one of my regulars yesterday at the coffee shop... "I am a settling down kinda girl, but it just ain't working for me!" lol* I do sound desperate, but I'm not really... I just really liked Eric, all of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, you DO sound just like me! I was you! I was the girl who broke hearts and ran from love, because I didn't want to get hurt again (though I would not have admitted at the time that was why). I also do my best writing when in my worst pain. Glad to say I haven't written anything in years, lol! I agree with Ms.Anthropy (cute): I also found the love of my life when I was not looking and not even wanting that so you never know.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley

    I popped into your blog from Eva's blog. I see in your profile you also like DC Talk (those guys were so sexy at that time) I still buy Tobey Mac's music.

    It will happen for you. I had lots of pain in my life but eventually met my husband. And I'm very happy today. I like your blog and I think I'll start following. :) I don't have twitter so I'll rather comment on all your posts.

    You should enjoy your weekend there in Texas!! :)

    ReplyDelete