Hope you find what you're looking for in Life!



Welcome to my blog! Stick around and read to your heart's content!



Friday, March 5, 2010

Saved!

Part 2 to Save me!

I did it. Buckled down and called my grandparents last night.

Went well. We talked about what we were supposed to. Then my grandpa said he hated to leave things on a bad note and he chewed on me a bit. Which was deserved and expected. He asked my grandma, Mia, to make it better. "I'm going to let Mia finish, she's better at putting a positive spin on things."

She then proceeded to tell me how much she loves me. How I am their first grandchild and will always have special place. How she wished she had known what I had been going through all thse years with Jeffrey, so they could have better helped. How they know this past year has been so difficult on me, but we were all going to pick up the pieces, repair, and move forward. She said, "Ashley, you have so much more going for you than you give yourself credit for. You're going to be just fine."

Included were antidotes of my childhood. My grandpa chimed in being sweet too (unusual) about how much they loved when I was young coming to spend time with them. Then they went on to tell me how great Ashton (my 3-yr-old) is. And how, when he stayed with them while I was in WV to finish things up, amazingly good he was. My grandpa said, "He really loves to draw and Mia would give him the scotch tape and he'd go throughout the house and tape up his artwork.

"We left it up for weeks, so when we'd walk through the house we'd remember his great visit," he said.

I was really touched and definitely started crying throughout the conversation.

It's rough when I love my grandpa SO much and feel like a constant disappointment. I feel a little useless when he tells me I need to get a "marketable skill."

Anyway, in other news... I am sick. I feel really bad and have had to give up my shift yesterday and today :( I think it's strep.

And more news today was sibling day. I took my brother and sister and we all got our hair cut. My 14 yr old brother and I got our hair colored. Then we went to the dollar store and to Spoons (this awesome frozen yogurt place where you put in your own yogurt add your own toppings, then weigh it and pay by ounces. Really cool place. And then up to my work to get my paycheck. And lastly to my Maw-maw's (my other grandma - my mom's mom) to tell her Happy Birthday. And by the end of all that I was too exhausted to try and work. Got my shift covered. I came home and crashed for about 4 hours. And I am about to crawl back into bed, but thought I'd quickly update! :)

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you're sick. As far as grandparents go, I feel like the older people get the more set in their ways they are. That can be good and bad for the people in their lives. Stay strong. Get well. BTW...great blog.

    Jesse
    http://jesseacohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled on your blog from Ian's site! Looking forward to reading more....

    ReplyDelete