Hope you find what you're looking for in Life!



Welcome to my blog! Stick around and read to your heart's content!



Saturday, January 2, 2010

Our Garden ~Me

I tried, and I tried, and I tried
And there you came at the perfect moment
To bring this time into perspective
And I will miss it when we know each other better
And the newness wears off
Because the beginning is so exciting
And discovering each of your characteristics is such fun

So tell me when you saw me for the first time
Really saw me for who I was, not just the color of my eyes
Knew apple was my favorite juice
And the color of my giggle against your chest

I could go into hours of dialogue with you
And then we will not know where the minutes got lost
In a paper cup? In a tunnel deep? In the you and the me?

I could sing straight to your bones
Vibrate against your vertebrae.
Tell you the sweet nothings of this life that keeps traveling too quick for us to catch up
Do you like the way we move to the beat of a Russian drum
The sound that brings the world together

The garden growing the shrubs of love, intelligence, and freedom
Is where we take our walks
Where we share our best talks
Hand in hand
Spirit to Spirit
Soul to Soul
Toe to Toe

Don't ever change
Because if you were someone else
We would not have been drawn together
And then we would be apart, still trying to find our own way
Most likely still unhappy
But you make me happy in these few days of learning
But you make me happy with your listening, understanding
In our created garden growing love, intelligence, and freedom

2 comments:

  1. 'color of my giggle against your chest'... I love that line. You have a way with words. The spirit of the poem is uplifting to read, everyone should be so lucky as to find someone who can make them feel like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Thanks so much :) I love the art of poetry. It bring much power into this world. Maybe if things go well with this guy I will show it to him... :)

    ReplyDelete