Hope you find what you're looking for in Life!



Welcome to my blog! Stick around and read to your heart's content!



Saturday, January 2, 2010

Date

Well friends. I, Ashley, have a date tonight! True story.

I met him the other night when I went out (the lovely night I lost my phone). And we have similar stories. We both have kids. Both divorcing. He's 27 and lives in Houston, but often comes to town here. He has a house here. He's graduated with a biology degree (he doesn't use lol*), has a *real* job.

Folks, I am nervous. We spent about an hour and half on the phone together the other day. And we get along really well! He's very cute. Age appropriate (yay me!) and we are about constantly in textland together.

My best friend says I'm giddy and I think she is right. I feel like he popped into my life at a perfect time. And although the kids situation isn't completely desirable... I want to give it a try. I mean since leaving Jeff this is the first guy I have in depth spoken to my mom about. That's just not something that I do.

She was pretty hesitant and said to be careful he may be abusive too. I know she feels responsibility about Jeff, but I hate when she says things like that, because it just makes me feel a guard go up. Safe, yes, but I'm afraid I'll start over-analyzing it all. My rules this go around are my best friends Harmony and Stevie have to approve. They both know me really well and I trust their judgment. :) Yes, I trust their judgment much over my mother's. Stevie is getting her Phd in Psychology for Pete's Sake! Granted *child* psych... hehe*

So yeah, I am giddy, nervous, and don't know what to wear, because he may just meet me at work so I have to wear something cute that can also function in a coffeeshop. Guh-reat!!

We're getting food. I hate eating in front of people! lol* And then we may go out to Northgate or something.

Okay, well I have to do some laundry!!! :-D Any advice? I will appreciate!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good date. I love the giddy feeling of first dates :) Sorry, no advice, I was never great with dating. But, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh first date!!! How exhilarating! If you are nervous to eat in front of him just eat before hand and nibble at dinner... Most of all try and relax and have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be yourself and don't give too much on the first date. If you like this guy make him want to see you again, and again, and again.

    trust me I'm a guy

    this shit works...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. ookkkk....we need an update!!! :)

    ReplyDelete