Hope you find what you're looking for in Life!



Welcome to my blog! Stick around and read to your heart's content!



Saturday, December 5, 2009

Searching for Thought-Provoking Conversation

Hi friends!

Sorry, it's been awhile.

Ashton is home safe and sound with his father. I miss the little guy. I sometimes here noises and think it's him, and I feel my body mold into Mommy-mode before I realize it's not actually happening. :)

There's really nothing too interesting to report in my life. Yesterday, my girls and I went to LaBodega, which is this wonderful mexican fish place... mmm... and had a few drinks. Then we ran off to a hot tub we know and had massage trains and good conversation.

Conversation, which is a dying form of life what with text lingo, is something that is SOOO important to me. And I realized last night while a few of us were having conversations that mean something... how sometimes I want to make people have those kinds of conversations and when they wimp out and don't go "there" with me I get unhappy and want to push them to that place.

I want to make them look past the weather and what team is 0 for 7 and say something meaningful. I watch movies that have diabolical dialogue and think, why can't real world be that way? Why can't we have anger, cry together, breathe together, learn together... why do we continuely shut ourselves in these "dont-ask-questions-that-ruffle-feathers" boxes. It's such a tight squeeze. And I feel so disappointed when I misjudge people for thinkers and it's just a show. OR maybe they are thinkers, but never share that side. And when I get a glimpse that they can and try to pull more out of them -- they shut down. Are my girls and I the only interesting people out there? Surely not! lol*

But where are they hiding. I don't want conversations where they talk to be heard. I want... unique, thought-provoking, makes you really use your noggin, conversation. I would like to feel as though I opened new boxes after a conversation. Is that too much to ask for? :)

Also, a minor plug for my other blog of poetry and dreams and other such nonsense...

http://confessionsofarose84.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. The tech age has really altered how the younger generation communicates, thus changing the concepts of actual phrasing, dialogue, verbal gesturing, eye contact... I hate it. It makes me sad to see us devolve. To me a conversation in it's purest state is two people (or more) exchanging ideas, thoughts, emotions with their words, their bodies and their hearts. I feel such a loss of this with texting, sexting, chat, etc.Hell it's not like I'm old, I am only 35~:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I know what you mean!! I am with you... a conversation should have meaning.

    What will we do when text talk is accepted in school papers??! Scary thought.

    I'm 25 and feel the same way! My friend said in 5 or 10 years we will see a change in the spelling lose to loose, b/c a majority of American's can not spell it correctly, so we are dumbing it down for them. Nice, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all the abbreviations; lol, omg, brb, etc....
    Will we all end up speaking that way??
    omg hv2 brb bc i hv adhd lmao
    it's madness I tell you, haha
    Nothing beats a glass of good Pinot Gris, a warm fire, cozy clothes and a deep talk with your friend/s or sweeties!
    Texting while in the drive through at McD's just doesn't do it for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to comment but I saw that Lisa pretty much summed up what I was going say. Perhaps we are separated at birth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I think that must be it, Ian! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ZOMG i no wut u mean!!.! its' sooo tuff 2 had gud conversationz wit ppl.im lik waaaaat?' ever tim i git a txt or IM

    ReplyDelete