Hope you find what you're looking for in Life!



Welcome to my blog! Stick around and read to your heart's content!



Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Life musings

I really do not understand the human psyche. I would like to. I would really like to understand exactly why we think the way we do. Why we function. Why we have a will to live. I would like to speak freely and not feel like I will get condemned or boxed and labeled and set on a shelf.

I came to the conclusion last night that I am not meant to find my counterpart. I have a writers heart and I am supposed to have a pinch of misery in me at all times. Without that I have no "soul". It sucks a lot. But it's something I will come to accept I am sure.

My mother always tells me a story of being in a literature class and the teacher asking the students to take out their books. He read off names and asked his students to put an asterisk by their name. At the end of reading many names he asked what all these writers had in common? All of them had committed suicide. All of them. An astronomical amount. Mostly women, & my mother was struck with how many females had. From great pain comes great beauty.

No, I will not be killing myself anytime soon. As some of you readers know my father committed suicide. I am not that selfish, or currently severely depressed. I saw the pain it caused and I will not cause that on other people. So don't worry about me! Plus I am not all sure about the afterlife and if there's nothingness I don't want to get there all to quickly. Same for all the other theories. I am good sticking around on this earth a little longer. Experiencing new & glorious things, along with the bad and heart-wrenching. 'Tis life. And we'd take it for granted if everything is peachy keen all the time. Or not have life experience to glean and learn from and accept people with.

4 comments:

  1. Find Ashley first. Don't worry about being completed by a counterpart. Finding someone now, so soon after a divorce, might not be the person you will need when you figure out who YOU are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quentin Crisp, I think, said it best: Pearls only come from diseased oysters.

    It always made me wonder how Red Tide fits into the metaphor..

    You and me are in the same boat kid. In spite of trying to do everything right and being drop dead gorgeous, if I may compliment myself, we still end up alone, huh?

    I've recently just had to reconcile myself ot a point: If I had to say life is about anything, it's all paperwork. Ticking off little goddamned invisible check boxes until you work on to something else. It's usually the kind of thing we can't even see or keep track of or work towards and it sure as hell isn't fair to everyone. But I tell myself, when I'm beyond thinking I'm ready to date I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've spent the last year+ (re)discovering me, (I cannot believe how long that divorce took! lol*) and it's been glorious, but I do really miss having someone to share my life with intimately.

    I like that quote, John. One day I'd like to have enough pearls to make a necklace. Ugh! Yeah, the trying sucks lots, especially when nothing comes of it.

    "In the end it's still so lonely."

    But I am very glad we're friends and can at least be each other's "soulmate" until we find our actual ones.

    Haha! Joed asked me yesterday if you and I are dating. I was like, "Uhhhh... about that." :P

    ReplyDelete