Hope you find what you're looking for in Life!



Welcome to my blog! Stick around and read to your heart's content!



Monday, April 19, 2010

My New Philosophy...

"If I don't love it; why do I own it?"

I need to start purging things from my life. Clothes, books, jewelry, papers, etc. Especially with the appending move. Why have I added things to my life - and more importantly kept them - when they haven't given me any satisfaction in awhile? Nope. Don't need that. I need to look at my belongings differently. They should bring joy to my life not just stress because they are wasting space.

And you can help! :) I have pack rats for plenty of my family members, so I need encouragement and maybe even ideas of what I should asking myself when I look at things. Because I have this awful habit of talking myself into "one day" needing it.

I've already gone through all my clothes and 1/2 my jewelry. My little sister will be happy. I have a lot of cute clothes that just don't fit me right anymore that will work out really well for her probably. And some jewelry that I am just too "old" for.

The paperwork is the stuff I'm scared of. I am always afraid of throwing away things I made need later. Siiiiigh... Especially when it comes to my divorce.

Anyway, hopefully this reaches you and you can either encourage me with how you do it, or maybe it even encourages you to join my journey and "purge" your own life!!

Let ya know how it goes! ~Ashley

3 comments:

  1. I am a total organizational/neat freak. I have a rule; "If I have not used it in 6 months it goes". I donate about 4-8 times a year; clothing, shoes, old furniture, toys etc. I Ebay what I can make money off of. I love living a decluttered life. I get this feeling of control over my chaos and it empowers me. Here's hoping you find some innner strength!
    (I once had a flood take my home, my car, all my posessions so I guess that might be why I am the way I am now- stuff is just stuff- it is not who we are)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be no help, I save everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit of a pack rat myself.... My wife is even worse... lol

    You have so many options.... Ebay can get you some money for your stuff.... Donations, craigslist....

    I'm not going to be of any help here, but I wouldn't throw away papers regarding your divorce.... Especially if you're sharing custody of a child....

    ReplyDelete