Hope you find what you're looking for in Life!



Welcome to my blog! Stick around and read to your heart's content!



Tuesday, July 10, 2012

If It's the Way it Has to Be

Your eyes will lay down my soul to sleep
So restfully
Knowing you are happy
Finally
And i will stop thinking only of me
I will quit thinking the stars are only mine
Because in this big city they are missing
All I have are the lights beckoning late night planes to land upon them

And I could sing you a lullaby
If it would clear your sweet head
If you would lie yours next to mine
And I could soak in the brown of your eyes
Sliding my fingers in yours
Feeling your lips against my head

I could stare forever at the waves of the ocean
And never get bored
And never forget the salt in the air as I licked my lips
Wishing that the heat would never leave my skin
And you would always be
Always be here waiting beside me

I could ponder the edge of the garden
Where does the planted flower become nothing but dirt
Or a blade of grass?
Whistling nature's tune
Singing only tunes for you
Wishing it was all different
And we would never wake up to find our concern
Still tipsy from the night before
Spinning, grasping, singing,
Happier than we could ever be
Erase these sugar-plum dreams
If you can, if you will
If it's the way it has to be

2 comments: